Monday, February 27, 2012

Tokyo Subway Quilt

So this is what I have decided to do with my charms that I got from the  Color Wheel Charm Swap at From the Blue Chair. I know all of you are probably already following her, but if you have not been to her blog get on over there! She just finished an amazing quilt top with her charms and it's really beautiful. She is hosting a Monster Charm Swap starting March 1st and I would love to get in on that one! So I have decided to do the Tokyo Subway Quilt from Oh Fransson! by Elizabeth Hartman. I love her blog and her book is awesome. I'm really excited because she is going to be at QUILTCON doing some workshops. Her next book comes out this year and I can't wait!
I have been in love with this quilt since I started reading blogs. I had originally decided that I would cut all the pieces out and then start working on the quilt. I am doing so many things and have my hand in so many projects, that I decided to do one block at a time. 

I got all the pieces cut (2X2") and laid them all out. 


Then stacked each row from left to right.


I'm a tad irritated that I didn't take a picture right after getting them all sewn together. I decided I wanted them to lay a little flatter and sprayed starch and then pressed again. I had a little wrinkling thing going on after that :( You only really learn by your mistakes anyways, right? So here is block #1.  I'm sure by the time I get to to block # 26 I will be a pro at it. 




I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!






13 comments:

  1. I read about that swap, 5 yards! Yowza! Think I'll have to pass on that one. If you get in you can share with me :P
    Do you press the seams open or to the side on the tokyo quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first block looks great! I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with that quilt when I first saw it. So cool, that you are gonna do it. Your first block looks great already. I am also gonna try to get into the swap. Might be a bit more difficult for me being in Germany, but hey - Katie is gonna do the cutting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed! This looks great. I do love the subway quilt. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're doing the subway!? very cool - good luck! I'm still mulling over the monster swap - but what a great stack o'charms that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! You are doing the subway quilt. Can't wait to follow your progress and your first block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Subway Quilt. I am friends with your mom and she gave me your blog URL. I have a blog too, as does my daughter. Mine is http://PermanentPosies.com and my daughter's is www.52mantels.com. You are doing an awesome job and I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice subway block. I have always liked that quilt too. Looking forward to watching it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really going to be beautiful and bring you a lot of joy as you work on it. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choices of fabrics...how beautiful :) I can't wait to see the finished quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours are lovely on your block. It will look stunning when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first block looks awesome! I think using your charm swap blocks is a great way to get this quilt made!

    ReplyDelete