Sunday, December 11, 2011

Making homemade ornaments



We were going to have a craft day and make homemade ornaments!!
 2 hours at Joanns and $50 later we had all of our supplies.


 I thought I had better try one out before the big day, thank goodness I did! This was not a craft for 5, 4, 3 and 2 year olds. I really don't know what I was thinking. So Thursday night I stayed up until almost 1:00 in the morning gluing tissue paper to Styrofoam balls.



Lady bug
Tiger
Finished!! And now time for drying and sleepy time.
 It was kind of therapeutic, but the kids would have melted down like no other. Next time I really need to think about a craft that has to have multiple swap outs on Martha Stewart for small children. The kids had a lot of fun painting their boxes and creatures. So I think it was a success. Here is their finished masterpieces. 

Lake had the Elephant and
Ian had the Lady Bug
I think this will be a fun family memory!
Are you making holiday ornaments this year?
If so I would love to see them!!

1 comment: