Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm A Farmer Now!

GGGGRRRRR!!!!!!
I wrote a whole blog post like three days ago and posted it and then the stinky thing disappeared! Of course I didn't figure that out until today :( That is a little irritating!! Oh well here we go again.

 
So I'm sure most of you have seen The Farmers Wife Quilt book and all the buzz about the Quilt alongs. I have been cyber stocking the lovely ladies over at Fussy Cut and Ms Mc Pork Chop Quilts for a long time. I have wanted to join in, but since I was overloaded with a million projects and still pretty new to quilting I thought I would begin with the new year. I think a lot of people have had this idea.  Over at Make Something she started a quilt along last week.
I have seen a lot of different ways to do the blocks: Standard templates, paper piecing, printing on freezer paper and figuring out the math. I tried printing on freezer paper and almost broke out printer. My husband didn't think it was such a good idea. I would love to just do the math, but I'm afraid of messing up something. I never thought that I would need math/geometry in anything that I would be doing. If only I could have seen quilting in my future :)
Anyways I decided to do the templates and will aim for at least 2 blocks a week. I started with Block 1 and Block 2 and really loved them. Can't wait to get hoppin on next weeks! 

 I really loved this block, it was super fun to put together. 




Block 1 - Attic Windows



I cut this first, but it was missing something 


I thought the pink dots added so much more

Block 2 - Autumn Tints 





  I also made a name time out of some of the scraps for 
 I forgot to take it however to the meeting last night :) Oooppps


  

No comments:

Post a Comment