Monday, January 23, 2012

Farmer's Wife Quilt Block

So this week on the farm I did Blocks 3 and 4. 
I changed them up just a bit. It's my quilt and I think I can do that right? So Block # 3 is Basket and that's great, but I'm just not really into the basket handle look. So it got nixed. Then came Block #4 and I like it a lot, but it just reminds me of a swastika. With the red, black and cream/white color it's all I can see. Has anybody else thought this? So I turned them a bit.   

The lighting I have is horrible at night and doesn't make for good pictures. Sorry :(

I'm really enjoying these little blocks, they are a lot of fun to put together and really don't take up that much time - So far. I hope your having fun putting your blocks together too! Oh is anyone having any trouble with how to press the seams?
Oh and I linked up with the fabulous Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations for Modern Monday. It's so fun seeing what everyone is working on. Go check it out if you haven't already :)

Talk to you soon. 


3 comments:

  1. I've just been pressing my seams open. I don't know if it's right or not. I haven't touched mine for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just press them which ever way is the easiest. A friend of mine also changed the setting on block 4 for the same reason. Since it is your block, you can do whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also changed block 4! I thought it was just me who could see it! And I also don't like the handles, so I'm not doing block 3 at all - I'm replacing with a mini swoon! Loving your blocks and your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete